IGLESIA DE SAN NICOLAS1
IGLESIA DE SAN NICOLAS1

Campeche

Tlaxcala

Northern Mexico

Menú desplegable personalizable

Central Mexico

Menú desplegable personalizable

Southern Mexico

Menú desplegable personalizable

Morelos

Mexico City

Guanajuato

Northern Mexico

Menú desplegable personalizable

Central Mexico

Menú desplegable personalizable

Southern Mexico

Menú desplegable personalizable

Iglesia de San Nicolás

Built between 1613 and 1621, it occupies the rear part of the Cathedral.

It is the only church in the city that retains its original architecture. The project was overseen by the Augustinian bishop Fray Juan de Zapata y Zandoval.

The church is divided into three parts: the sotocorro, a single nave covered with a coffered ceiling and a double-sloped wooden roof, and the presbytery. 

Its facade is simple and made of stone and brick. The niches are striking, as their verticality seems like they cannot contain anything.

Location

Gral. M. Utrilla, Centro, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chis.

Iglesia de San Nicolás

A UNESCO WORD HERITAGE SITE, ENCHANTING COLONIAL ARCHITECTURE AND TANTALIZING CUISINE

en_USEnglish