TEMPLO DE LA COMPANIA1
Templo de la Compañía

Campeche

Tlaxcala

Northern Mexico

Menú desplegable personalizable

Central Mexico

Menú desplegable personalizable

Southern Mexico

Menú desplegable personalizable

Morelos

Mexico City

Guanajuato

Northern Mexico

Menú desplegable personalizable

Central Mexico

Menú desplegable personalizable

Southern Mexico

Menú desplegable personalizable

Templo de la Compañía

The construction was carried out by the Jesuits.

It took place between 1747 and 1765 and is one of the finest examples of Guanajuato's golden age. 

It has a pink quarry stone facade in Churrigueresque style, contrasting with a neoclassical dome dating from the second half of the 19th century. 

The temple has three naves, and the main one is flanked by five pairs of columns.

Inside, there are several sacred artworks, including the beautiful neoclassical altar, its organ, and the works of Baltasar Echave Orio and Miguel Cabrera.

Location

Plazuela de Compañia No. 1, Guanajuato, Gto.

Templo de la Compañía

UNDERGROUND STREETS, SMALL SQUARES, AND LABYRINTHINE ALLEYWAYS

 

en_USEnglish